Non-destructive testing (NDT) technicians examine and test the physical properties of materials and components to find possible corrosion, cracks, flaws and other imperfections, which could affect their performance and reliability. They use testing processes that do not damage the structure of the object being tested.
As an NDT technician, you would use a range of methods to test materials and parts, including:
• visual inspection – using lenses, CCTV and fibre optic cameras
• thermal imaging – used to find defects in concrete and other building materials
• dye testing – staining surfaces with fluorescent liquid, which shows up flaws under ultraviolet lighting
• magnetic particle testing – applying magnetic particles to magnetised materials, so they line up along cracks and defects (often combined with dye testing)
• radiographic testing – using X-rays to find internal faults
• ultrasonic testing – firing high frequency sound pulses into materials and analysing the differences in the reflected signals
• eddy current testing – passing electricity through materials and measuring the differences in the flow of current
• resonant testing – ‚listening’ to the growth of cracks or flaws by monitoring the acoustic vibrations of a structure, for example a bridge support.
In manufacturing, you would work with materials at every stage of production to make sure they are safe. For example, in aircraft construction, you would test materials when they are first made, while the fuselage is being built, and at regular intervals throughout the operating life of the aircraft.
NDT methods are also used in quality control procedures in many industries, including, aerospace, road and rail transport, manufacturing and power generation.
An important part of your work would be to make sure that the testing method you use does not have any harmful effect on the materials, parts or machinery under examination.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) technicians may perform the following tasks:
• test welds in the manufacture of pressure vessels and other steel fabrications
• test power generation and petrochemical plant components for corrosion and other defects
• test aircraft structures, engines and components for in-service and other defects
• examine and interpret inspection methods and test results for other personnel
• apply various methods in laboratory situations or at construction sites to investigate the properties of materials, objects and instruments.
Qualifications needed at the moment
• EN473 or ISO9712 UT LII (preferable + MT and/or PT LII)
• EN473 or ISO9712 RT LII (preferable + MT and/or PT LII)
• EN473 or ISO9712 TOFD LII (preferable + UT LII)
• EN473 or ISO9712 Phased Array LII (preferable + UT LII)
• Other qualifications can be evaluated.
Please send you application on following e-mail adresse
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 10/12/2013
Ostrzegamy przed nieuczciwymi ogłoszeniodawcami oraz ofertami pracy! Proszę nie odpowiadać na ogłoszenia firm oferujących zatrudnienie w zamian za:
Zanim wyślesz CV dokładnie sprawdź wiarygodność firmy, która zamieściła ogłoszenie.